Red Hat is a leading provider of open-source software and IT solutions for the enterprise community. Understanding Red Hat solutions and enhancing your skills with the software will allow you to maximize its value and efficiency for your organization. New Horizons Learning Group offers a number of courses and training options that you need in order to prepare for Red Hat certification. New Horizons can also help solidify your expertise and strengthen the skills you already have.
New Horizons has a partnership with Red Hat, allowing students to receive premium Red Hat Linux certification training and exam preparation. Courses are based on real-world experience and applications, and provide hands-on training and labs so you are able to achieve the certification you need for your career. New Horizons offers Red Hat training for a number of certifications, including Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), and Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA).
The goal for IT professionals is to be proficient in Red Hat technology and be able to navigate enterprise Linux environments with ease. Courses from New Horizons explore these objectives and allow professionals to focus on strengthening all of their IT abilities, from file and directory management to security and more. Learn more about the types of training courses offered by clicking on each certification below.
The Benefits of Red Hat Training
Red Hat open-source software and products are scalable, reliable and efficient platforms for your organization’s various applications. Red Hat technology is used to power a large portion of the servers that host websites and run cloud-based services for organizations. As such, companies around the world rely on certified Red Hat professionals to implement and manage their Red Hat systems. This means that IT professionals with Red Hat certification are in higher demand by current and potential employers than their non-certified colleagues because they have the skills and training needed to confidently and successfully run the platform.
In addition, achieving certification in Red Hat Linux and open-source software systems is one of the top accomplishments in the IT industry. Not only does it set you apart and help advance your career, it also ensures that you are able to get the most out of Red Hat deployments.
New Horizons will help you get the Red Hat training you are looking for to help your organization achieve its goals. Contact us using the form on the right side of this page to get more information about Red Hat courses and how to enroll.
Earn These Red Hat Certifications
A Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the core system-administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
A Red Hat Certified System Administrator is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments and documentation.
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines and controlling services.
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists and network file systems.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update and core services.
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
A Red Hat Certified Engineer certification is earned by an RHCSA who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill and ability required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
RHCE Exam Objectives (EX300) PDF
Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam EX300
Windows System Administrators with Minimal Linux Experience:
Linux or UNIX Administrators with 1-3 years of Experience:
Experienced Linux/Solaris Administrators:
Senior Linux Administrators:
A Red Hat Certified Engineer is able to perform the following tasks (in addition to tasks associated with RHCSA):
- Configuration of static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Setting kernel runtime parameters
- Building simple RPMs
- Configuring an iSCSI initiator
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH and NTP
The RHCVA certification is for system administrators whose responsibilities require them to have the skill and knowledge to deploy and manage virtual hosts in production environments using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. This credential assures enterprises that their virtualization solutions are administered optimally and establishes credibility for service providers.
An RHCVA has demonstrated the following knowledge and skills:
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Creating datacenters, clusters, pools and templates
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization hypervisors to support guests and attach to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Perform essential management tasks, such as logging and bookmarking