Nick Lane is a cybersecurity author, speaker, instructor, practitioner, technical editor, blogger, certification designer, and practice exam designer, with over 20 years of experience in the technology field. Lane frequently teaches at military bases, while also having trained the DoD, FBI Academy, United Nations, and many Fortune 500 organizations. He is recognized yearly as one of the top New Horizons technical instructors in the world.
His book "CASP+ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification All-in-One Exam Guide" is published by McGraw-Hill and is available worldwide. It was a #1 New Release in multiple security and networking categories.
Lane is currently the Technical Editor for McGraw-Hill’s upcoming PenTest+ Passport Certification book, and has been selected to author McGraw-Hill’s upcoming CySA+ Passport Certification book beginning Q4 2019. He also has multiple cybersecurity educational channels @TheSecurityLane which publishes supplementary materials to students, readers, and learners worldwide.
- CompTIA Instructor Network Board member.
- Co-designer of the CompTIA Network+ certification (N10-007)
- Recipient of EC-Council's "Instructor Circle of Excellence" award for being one of the Top 5 EC-Council security instructors in North America. Award presented at the 2018 Hacker Halted conference.
- 5-time "Top 25 Technical Instructor in the world" with on-stage award presentations.
- “Cybersecurity Professional of the Year” finalist by the San Diego Business Journal.
- Former Toastmaster's President and member for two years.
"My teaching style is passionate, humorous, concise, and I tell it “like it is”.