Learn more about ISACA:
Earn an ISACA certification and enhance your professional credibility. A CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC or CSXP after your name confirms to employers that you possess the experience and knowledge to meet the challenges of the modern enterprise. With a globally recognized ISACA certification, you hold the power to move ahead in your career, increase your earning potential and add value to any enterprise.
What are ISACA certifications?
As a nonprofit, global membership association for IT and information systems professionals, ISACA is committed to providing its diverse constituency of more than
140,000 professionals worldwide with the tools they need to achieve individual and organizational success. The benefits offered through their globally accepted research, certifications and community collaboration result in greater trust in, and value from, information systems. Through more than 200 chapters established in more than 80 countries, ISACA provides its members with education, resource sharing, advocacy, professional networking, and a host of other benefits on a local level.
ISACA’s constituency is characterized by its diversity. The global community of ISACA members and certified cover a variety of professional IT-related positions—some of which include IS auditor, consultant, educator, IS security professional, risk professional, chief information officer and internal auditor. Some are new to the field, others are at middle management levels and still others are in the most senior ranks. ISACA constituents work in nearly all industry categories, including financial and banking, public accounting, government and the public sector, utilities and manufacturing.
Read about the trends that drive the information security best practices that ISACA certifications prepare you to implement.
What are the requirements for CISA certification?
CISA certifications have the following recommended minimum/maximum experience levels based on a desired total of 5 years of experience made up of the following components:
- A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- 60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
- A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit www.isaca.org/modeluniversities. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
- A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
How does ISACA help those pursuing a career in Information Security?
In a profession as ever-changing as IT, professional development is a necessity. ISACA is recognized as a highly respected and sought-after resource for professional education and development. Connecting IT professionals across a variety of industries, geography and professions, ISACA is dedicated to providing products and services that bring value to our members. We provide the relevant tools to promote growth, innovation and trust. Our belief in the strength of our industry experts helps drive personal and organizational success, which is the core of our members, volunteers and committees.
ISACA offers educational events that meet the needs of all IT professionals. From face-to-face conferences, including its flagship International Conference and the global Computer Audit, Control and Security (CACS) conferences, and Training Weeks, to e-Learning and On-site Training, ISACA is committed to providing its members and constituents with the resources they need to keep their professional skills and knowledge up-to-date.
What are the benefits of CISA certification?
- Confirms your knowledge and experience
- Quantifies and markets your expertise
- Demonstrates that you have gained and maintained the level of knowledge required to meet the dynamic challenges of a modern enterprise
- Is globally recognized as the mark of excellence for the IS audit professional
- Combines the achievement of passing a comprehensive exam with recognition of work and educational experience, providing you with credibility in the marketplace.
- Increases your value to your organization
- Gives you a competitive advantage over peers when seeking job growth
- Helps you achieve a high professional standard through ISACA’s requirements for continuing education and ethical conduct
Learn more about ISACA certifications and associated training in the tabs below:
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
CAP - Certified Authorization Professional
CRISC is the only certification that prepares and enables IT professionals for the unique challenges of IT and enterprise risk management, and positions them to become strategic partners to the enterprise.
The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certification is an objective measure of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for personnel involved in the process of authorizing and maintaining information systems. Specifically, this credential applies to those responsible for formalizing processes used to assess risk and establish security requirements and documentation. Their decisions will ensure that information systems possess security commensurate with the level of exposure to potential risk, as well as damage to assets or individuals.
CRISC is designed for IT professionals who have hands-on experience with risk identification, assessment, and evaluation; risk response; risk monitoring; IS control design and implementation; and IS control monitoring and maintenance.
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
CGEIT recognizes a wide range of professionals for their knowledge and application of enterprise IT governance principles and practices. As a CGEIT certified professional, you demonstrate that you are capable of bringing IT governance into an organization-that you grasp the complex subject holistically, and therefore, enhance value to the enterprise.
CGEIT is specifically developed for IT and business professionals who have a significant management, advisory, or assurance role relating to the governance of enterprise IT.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
The CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals. Being CISA-certified showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and demonstrates you are capable to manage vulnerabilities, ensure compliance and institute controls within the enterprise.
In this course students will perform evaluations of organizational policies, procedures and processes to ensure that an organization's information systems align with overall business goals and objectives. This course is aligned to the objectives established by Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) for the CISA exam.
Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
Demonstrate your information security management expertise. The uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages designs, and oversees and assesses an enterprise’s information security.
This course is aligned with objectives established by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) for the CISM exam.
Find A Location Near You
Ready to become an ISACA certified professional? Looking to advance your career or start a new one? New Horizons Learning Group provides a clear learning path and training for professionals looking to master ISACA New Horizons Learning Group has 11 convenient locations in major west coast and southwestern cities. Each of our facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and well versed instructors. Most of our courses can be taken in person or online. We provide hosted long distance courses, online live, dedicated and onsite training for groups, instructor led courses, and even custom courses. Find one of our convenient locations near you and start learning today:
What Our Students Say
- 79% of IT Professionals improved productivity from their training at New Horizons
- 89% returned to New Horizons to further their skills
- 90% of IT Professionals recommend New Horizons
- 91% felt New Horizons content prepared them for certification
- 92% took additional courses with New Horizons because of Instructor Quality
- 98% would recommend New Horizons to others
- 100% have increased their job security by taking a course
Popular Upcoming ISACA Courses